great service and very fast.
all good except the edges were not quite even, corrected on my sparx machine.
Quick Summary: I had some initial issues that were frustrating / disappointing, but I am giving a 5 star because:
1. Tydan support over email and phone was quite responsive (same day both times) and they also took the time to listen and provide feedback and education.
2. In the end, I got exactly what I had hoped to get.
My newly profiled blades arrived quickly but Tydan forgot my custom engraving. Engravings don't stop pucks or control rebounds, so this was not a significant deal for me. I sent an email and Tydan actually picked up the phone to call me 10 mins later to let me know they would get that taken care of and assure me that they had completed the profile. My first time on the new blades was not the best. I had kept the same radius of hollow, but went with a new profile and I just couldn't seem to find an edge where I was used to having one. After 10 mins of not finding an edge really anywhere, I swapped back to my previous runners for the rest of the practice. Afterwards , I inspected the edge and it felt and looked perfectly sharp. The next day, I took my skates to the best sharpening place in town and had them resharpen the blades and also change the radius of hollow from 1/2 to 3/8 and that did the trick. After speaking to the proshop owner and Tydan, I was able to learn that, with the new breed of super hard steel blades, the first sharpening can be problematic for even the best skate techs. It is not uncommon for the runner to look and feel perfectly sharp, but not provide the on ice performance that they should.
It took a bit, but in the end, I honestly got everything I was hoping for:
1. A profile that has an excellent overall balance to it with solid bite.
2. A taller runner that has given me a more aggressive attack angle.
3. An edge the stands up significantly better to the post collisions than anything else I have tried. I normally sharpen my skates every 4 hours with a max of 6 hours between. So far, I have 5 hours on the latest sharpening and I am still super confident in the edge along the entire length of the runner. Usually, by hour 4 , I have a few spots where the edge has been compromised, so far I have none.
4. Improved crispness in my overall crease movement.
5. Fewer Toe-Push 'slide-outs' and an improved ability to find an edge during a crisis.
Seem good so far. Pretty strong. Nice smooth glide
Great product. Highly recommend.
Great job profiling my son’s new blades. He loves them and shipping was fast.